Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sites


Wednesday and Thursday I served at the Lucy Mack Smith home. What a faithful and stalwart lady. I t was such a treat to be there from 11:00 - 5:00 for 2 days. The stairs are very steep and narrow so I went down backwards ( no beeping) but I could imagine Lucy and her daughter & fmaily living there. They were only able to stay a few months before fear of the mobs drove them to Knoxville, then Ramus, then Lucy finally returned to Nauvoo and lived with Emma, who cared for her lovingly until her death. Friday I was in the sewing room which was very fun and relaxing??? John Had a ball working with the teams all week.



Wednesday morning we had a reenactment of the exodus. It was not nearly as cold as it was in 1946 and we were dressed warmly and were only out for about an hour, but I tried to imagine what it was like for them. Words fail me. I only know I love and admire them so much for their faithfulness and courage.

Siste Hughes gave the lesson on Sunday. It was excellant. Different but just as good as her Husbands

2 comments:

  1. I am loving reading your blog! What neat missionary experiences! Love you both... Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder and Sister Nelson, Love the picture of the oxen pulling the wagon with temple in the background. How cool that must be for the two of you. I'm envious but enjoying your posts. Love, Randy Anderson

    ReplyDelete