Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 2



Monday John Worked at the blacksmith shop. He's really an old hand at that all ready. I was in the Sarah Granger Kimball home. She was the one that started the forerunner of the Relief society. It was a very peaceful home Sister Evans, the site leader s, and I sat and crocheted and visited and enjoyed the view. (the temple, horses cows and geese landing in the field. Sister Evans looks and acts like she should be Lois Reeder's (Russ) sister. It seemed that she was an old friend the first time I met her.




On Tuesday we had more orientation and then went to Carthage, We had been there several times before, but having studied the presentation and delivering it a couple of times at the MTC, It really had a lot of meaning. I am so grateful for the courage and faith of the Prophet Joseph Smith and His brother. They were such an example of family loyalty and love. It was a really special way to end our orientation

5 comments:

  1. It was sooo fun to be there with you!!!! Can't wait for the next trip!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have gotten your computer to read the memory card! Yeah for pictures!! I love you both, tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Leann, I'm really excited to see some pictures. Any chance we could see some of you guys at sites? I'd love to see Dad driving the horses, or Mom all dressed up, apron and all.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Laree... I would love some of those pics too. And I love the blog, this is the best way to hear about your mission!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends parents are Bro. and Sister Rice. Sister Rice is in charge of the Women's Retreats out there. I hope you get an opportunity to meet them.

    How wonderful this is for your children and for you. I hope it is okay to post now and then. My sweetheart and I hope to serve a mission in the future together as you are with one another. Thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete