Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I tend not to blog unless I've got some meaningful pictures, but I don't want to forget this experience, so I will post with not pictures. On Thurs. I was assigned to the wagon. It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed the 3 tours we did, but when we were done I was grateful to be able to go home and relax. I had been home about 5 min. and was practicing my penny whistle when the phone rang. They were calling from the visitors center and wondered if I could come back and give a tour to a handicapped sister and her husband in their motor home. They really wanted to go on the tour, but their was no way to get her wheelchair on the wagon. Well I wasn't exactly thrilled, but of course I couldn't very well say no to that. I hurried back and met them. what a great couple. She said it was hard to be confined to a wheel chair, but If the Savior could to what he did for her, she could definitely live her life for him. The husband told us (a young sister missionary came with us) that they had planned out their life and income so that he could retire at 55 and they would be able to serve many missions together. When he was about 50, his wives health started to decline (I wondered if it was M.S., but didn't ask). They did serve a temple mission in the temple office, and were now traveling in their motor home seeing church historical sites. It turned out to be one of the sweetest hours since we came on our mission, and that's saying something. They were full of questions and stories of their own. They were so positive and interested and grateful. When they thanked me for giving up my free time to come with them, I could only hug her and thank them both for the privelidge. I'm so grateful to be here in Nauvoo and for the Many varied experiences we are having Love to all. MOM

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad you posted this. It's not been a good morning. Nothing earth shattering, but just a very lost and fallen morning. What a sweet thing to read your post. Mom, I love your testimony and the crucial guide that it has been to me for years. I thank our Father in Heaven for my angel mother. You continue to inspire and bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet experience! Thanks for sharing it with us. I sure love you both and your wonderful example to set for us all!!!

    ReplyDelete