Thursday, October 29, 2009

I havn't blogged for a while, life just seems to carry us along with few opportunities for the non-essentials. We are happy, healthy, and having the time of our lives. I wish all of you could have this opportunity some time in the future. In our prep meeting this morning they announced that there have been 29 documented baptisms from referral cards at the pageant. There may be many others that have not been traced to the pageant, but that started there. What a thrill to be part of such a wonderful work. Some days we give tours all day long and don't think any thing special has happened and then you connect with one person and know that they are feeling the spirit . What a joy that is! I do believe that anyone who comes here will not slam the door in the face of missionaries when they come to their home.


Yesterday we served at Carthage. The first time we have had that priveledge. What a joy it was to feel the wonderful spirit of that place. We have come to love the Prophet Joseph Smith as never before. What a tremendous example he is to us all. If I work the rest of my life, I could not measure up even 1/200 th of what he has done; but I hope I can know and commune with him when I leave this life.


The spirit here in Nauvoo is so wonderful. We find such joy and satisfaction each day as we serve at the various sites. The gospel brings happiness to those who live it. May you all find that joy in your lives. We love you all so much

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is for me to have such a rightous example of the gospel in my life each day as set by my Parents, I have always felt the gospel is true then later I Knew for my self. Thanks for letting me lean on each of your testimonies and faith til I had the strenght to stand with you on my own!! Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too!!!!! I need to call you about Thanksgiving plans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys. Miss you and thinking of you. Thanks for serving and all the blessing it brings to everyone around you and yes to our family too. All is well here on our home front...just staying busy and loving life! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete